Thinking about using a Postpartum Body Shaper?
Shopping for post pregnancy shapewear? Then you’ve likely realized that you have plenty of options. But if you’ve just given birth, those everyday shapewear products might fall short of what you actually need.
First, let’s look at the difference between regular shapewear and postpartum shapewear
- Shapewear only provides a single level of temporary shaping support
- Shapewear can feature scratchy, uncomfortable fabric
- Shapewear often pulls on areas that are sensitive after traditional birth or c-section
Shapewear only provides a single level of temporary shaping support
From celebrities to brides, shapewear has become the go-to undergarment for women who want to look and feel their best. These body shapers are designed for temporary all-over compression to slim the appearance of the waist, hips, thighs, and buttocks. Whereas our post pregnancy shapewear retains its stretch memory, allowing for consistent support. And while shapewear is perfect for slipping into that little black dress, it’s not ideal for the post pregnancy body recovering from labor and delivery. In fact, all-over compression can be downright uncomfortable, especially with sore muscles, swelling, and incisions.
Shapewear can feature scratchy, uncomfortable fabric
Shapewear is design to make you look thinner, but they often feature fabric that doesn’t breathe well, hampering the healing of a post pregnancy incision site and overall comfort for long periods of wear. It might also feature material that is scratchy and irritates the skin, or worse yet, a c-section scar. You may be feeling enough discomfort post- pregnancy so you don’t need your shapewear product to add to that.
Shapewear often pulls on areas that are sensitive
One of the biggest problems with ordinary shapewear is that it’s typically pulled on over the abdomen, making it potentially painful for a woman recovering from a c-section to put on or take off.
Postpartum Shapewear is designed support the area’s that a new mom needs the extra support, without irriatating those areas. They also have more of a shaping feature to help moms take advantage of that post-baby period where the hips and body are shifting back into place.
Not sure whether or not an investment in a post-baby body shaper is worth it?
Yes, postpartum shapewear can be a bit pricey. Is it worth it though?
If you are going to invest in shapewear for postpartum, your best bet is to go with a product that won’t prolong your recovery or irritate scars or incisions and for that, postpartum shapewear for postpartum recovery is the better choice.
While most shapewear, especially post-partum shapewear can be pricey, Snagshout a review website that gives you deep discounts on items in return for product reviews, is offering the Leilani Post-Baby Body Shaper, for 50% off retail in exchange for providing a product review through Snagshout.
Benefits of a Postpartum Body Shaper
- Shapes, Tones, and Firms skin and muscle to help regain pre-pregnancy form
- Starts working immediately to improve your figure
- Provides enhanced slimming effect
- Assists in losing those final inches
- Discreet and hidden under clothing
Comfort-Focused Design Supports an Active Lifestyle
- Unique lightweight and breathable MicroNet soft-touch fabric is free of harsh chemicals and dyes to eliminate sensitive skin irritations.
- Split-crotch design for all day wear convenience and trips to the bathroom
- Silicone leg gripper keeps the garment from “riding up”
- Adjustable shoulder straps
Use this link to get all the details…