Its that time again, and although it may have been great weather last week – the cool air is quickly upon us, as is a long list of thing to do to prepare for winter!
Here is a list of things that you will want to plan on doing in the next few weeks:
Once cold weather strikes, its no fun to drudge out into the cold unless you have to, so stock up on:
- Pantry items (flour, sugar, butter, coffee)
- Freezer items (Meats, cheese, frozen veggies/fruits)
- Essentials (toilet paper and toothpaste)
- Ramen Noodles (just kidding!)
- Consider and air duct cleaning since the vents will get used more than they probably did over the summer
- Make sure screens are taken out and the exterior glass panes are put in in the windows and doors.
- Invest in insulated energy-efficient curtains
- Store handheld garden tools in a tub of topsoil to prevent rusting.
- Make sure equipment is cleaned and oiled before putting away
- Winterize the lawnmower (Click here for a video on how to winterize your lawnmower)
- Clean gutters
- Cover up patio furniture
If you do not have a snow shovel (or better yet a snow blower) invest in one so you will be ready for any earlier snowfall
Same thing goes for snow salt
Turn mattresses – I do this when the time change takes effect – makes it easy to track
Clean curtains (including the shower curtain 😉
Take comforters, heavy blankets to the dry cleaners or laundry-mat
Move furniture.rugs to get the dust and grime that has built up over summer