With fall in full bloom, making beautiful fall leaves into art is perfect family activity for this weekend! And except for using some extra wax paper – it shouldn’t cost you a dime!
You will need:
- Some Beautiful Fall Leaves
- Wax Paper
- Iron/Ironing Board
Gather up the most beautiful leaves that you can find…I know that there are alot of metro parks with great trails in my area – so if you can, make this into more than just a trip to the backyard and enjoy a fall hike! Gathering leaves along the way will make the journey even more fun!
When you get back from your hike, have the kids look up what type of tree each of their leaves came from.
Pressing the Leaves
- Once the leaves are gathered you can press them right away – or if you prefer – you can leave them in newspaper overnight pressed under a book.
- Put the iron on a medium heat setting and warm up (do not use the steam function)
- While the iron is warming, arrange leaves between two sheets of wax paper
- Carefully place the iron on the wax paper and slowly and gently glide across until the two sheets of was paper are joined together.
Here are a couple ideas on using pressed leaves as art decor for your home:
|Frame them separately or in one larger frame!|
|Cute way to display their artwork!|