Ever wonder what to do with those extra pieces of costume jewelry that have a missing half for need a repair that you never get around to?
Here are some of the best ideas that I have found for new uses unusable jewelry!
- Use earrings as fancy push pins on cork board
- Craft Time! Little girls especially will love being able to incorporate your sparkly gems into art!
- Embellish a shirt or sweater – not in an Aunt Ester sort of way – but in keeping good taste in mind…get out the glue gun and put some bling on a t-shirt – embellished t’s are all the rage.
- Use broken pieces to fix other broken mismatch pieces. If you have enough, eventually you will be able to fix one with the other-lol!
- Girl Scouts or local Youth Centers…Great for crafts or just for the kids to wear, they may not even be bothered that a piece that is just missing a stone ! One girl’s trash..
- Around the house – broken necklaces can become a variety of things – fancy lightpolls, christmas tree trimmings, belts, you name it!
- Use broken long necklaces as belts!
- Finally,Have alot? Sell it on eBay in a large lot. Many jewelry crafters will buy these lots to have a stash of jewelry to create new pieces from! And you’ll get some dough to by new bling!
Let me know about other great ways you have used old jewelry!