We were recently invited to climb aboard Miller Ferry Lineto travel to Put-in-Bay. It had been several years since I had been to the island and only ever as a day tripper, so I was looking forward to the opportunity to have two whole days to explore the island. My husband and I thought it would also be a great way to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
While there though I came across lots of ideas for a return trip with our kids for an awesome family vacation as well as an adults weekend away and my top 5 suggestions for both trip itineraries are below!
|Underground in Perry’s Cave|
|My prize for finishing the maze!|
4. The Put-In-Bay Tour Train is a great way to see the island, especially if you did not rent a golf cart and would like to see the island through a more formal guided tour! If your kids are older, check out the Segway tours offered on the island a unique way to get around such a unique place.
5. Number 5 is sort of a mish/mash of several fun things to do with kids downtown.. DeRivera Park is a waterfront park in the center of town with a great playground, across the street is the Candy Bar candy store and Kimberly’s carousel is a lot of fun.
For lunch or dinner, check out the Chicken Patio, which is a family-friendly, classic institution on PIB.
|View from Put-In-Bay Winery|
|Full moon and a cozy fire at The Keys|
3. Check out dinner at the Keys, where you can find the Nagoya Sushi restaurant and they have a wonderful lakeside location with some welcoming adirondack chairs and cozy fire at night . If you are looking for a place to cool off during the day, this is also a great spot to be. They have mist fans and lots of frozen libations at their Fat Tuesday bar downstairs to help all your cares wane away (at least while you’re on the island 😉 )
TIP: There are several taxi’s that operate late into the night to make sure all guest return to their lodging safely, so please be safe and use a taxi to get into town if you plan on making a long night of it.
- Friendly staff, on-time service
- Free day & overnight parking
- Low, Affordable Fairs (just $7 for adults and $15 to bring your car!)
- Trip to Put-in-Bay in under 20 minutes
- Children 5 years & younger ride Free
|Boarding the Miller Ferry|