Do you ever feel like you are in some sort of rat race to get your social media channels noticed?
Take a break and stop spinning your wheels by using these non-social media techniques to, ironically, get your social media outlets noticed.
#1 Make sure your social media addresses is simple:
Tip: Try to snag up your brandname, whenever new social media emerges
#2 Create links to your top 3-5 most used social media forms and post them in your email signature
#3 Add your social media platforms to your business cards
- Use the logo, address or even a QR code
- Avoid looking like you drive for NASCAR – choose the 2-4 at most important outlets for people to find you
#4 Add links to your eNewsletter
#5 Include links on your website
- Generally people look for these somewhere in the upper right-hand corner
- It’s okay to use the links more than once on the site
#6 Shameless plugs
- Whenever you have the chance to present or speak, if done in a tasteful manner, its completely acceptable to give your social media a shameless plug.
Here are some tasteful ways to do so.
- Have the person introducing you mention it
- Place it in opening or closing slides of presentation
- Use it as an example in your presentation
- During your closing statements, tell the audience that if they would like more info on ABC they can find you at XYZ